****November 3rd 2020 Election Information****
The State of New Jersey has mandated this election be done via mail-in ballots. You can return your completed ballot in the following ways, either via the United States Postal Service, dropping it off at a secured ballot drop box like the one in front the of the Ocean County Library Point Pleasant Borough Branch on Beaver Dam Road, dropping it off at the Ocean County Board of Elections or returning it completed to your polling location on Election Day.
In person voting will only be accommodated for those that are disabled/handicapped or for those casting a paper provisional ballot. There will be no in-person voting on machines. You can call the Ocean County Board of Elections at 732-929-2167 or the Ocean County Clerk’s Office at 732-929-2018 for all questions regarding your ballot.
Antoinette Jones, RMC, CMR
The core duties of the Municipal Clerk consist of:
- SECRETARY OF THE MUNICIPAL CORPORATION: Being the custodian of the municipal seal; maintaining custody of all minutes, books, deeds, bonds, contracts and archival records of the municipal corporation; attesting to the signatures of municipal officers and officials, as well as maintaining receipt of service of legal documents.
- SECRETARY TO THE GOVERNING BODY: Preparing agenda for annual Reorganization Meeting of the Governing Body, maintaining and keeping new members of Governing Body aware of Rules of Order for conducting meetings including; preparing meeting agendas at the discretion of the Governing Body and being present at all meetings of the Governing Body. The clerk also keeps an official record of the proceedings of every meeting, retains the original copies of all minutes, ordinances and resolutions, as well as processes, records, files and, when necessary, advertises ordinances, resolutions and the municipal budget. Responsibilities as Secretary to the Governing Body also includes administering and recording oaths of office; maintaining custody of all official records not specifically handled by other departments and acting as liaison to the public and corresponding on behalf of the Governing Body.
- CHIEF ADMINISTRATIVE OFFICER OF ALL ELECTIONS: Certify vacancies at local level; maintain receipt of nominating petitions and certification to the County Clerk of local candidates nominated by petition. The clerk also exercises quasi-judicial authority in determining the validity of petitions; conducts the drawing for positions of candidates on the local ballot; furnishes material for local elections; suggests polling places; maintain receipt of election results; certifies to the County Clerk persons elected to partisan county committee offices in each election district, as well as canvasses the votes for and certify election of candidates for municipal office in non-partisan local governments.
- CHIEF REGISTRAR OF VOTERS: Maintains records of all eligible voters in the municipality.
- ADMINISTRATIVE OFFICER: Acceptance of applications for licenses and permits and the issuance of licenses and permits, except where statute or municipal ordinance has delegated that responsibility to some other municipal officer. Issues assessment search certificates; conducts business with other municipal departments as directed by the Governing Body; serves as information officer to the public and to the media; purchases equipment and supplies when required; maintains personnel records when required and certifies to the municipality’s Bond Counsel as to the proper advertising, filing of Supplemental Debt Statement and that no protests have been filed with the municipality as to the adoption of bond ordinances.
- RECORDS COORDINATOR AND MANAGER: Responsible for implementing local archives and records retention programs as mandated.
- OTHER DUTIES: May be imposed by state statutes and regulations or municipal ordinances or regulations.