The Municipal Court will be open to the public on or about June 22. The court sessions will remain virtual until further notice. If you have a pending matter that you would like to schedule please contact the court at 732-899-1636 to provide your email address and phone number.
IF YOU ARE SCHEDULED FOR VIRTUAL COURT PLEASE FOLLOW THE BELOW STEPS.
Virtual Court Sessions:
- You are required to watch the “Official Municipal Court Opening Statement” prior to entering the court session by clicking on the link. You can watch this at any time. The Judge will ask you if you have done so. By joining the virtual court session you are certifying that you have watched the Opening Statement.
- Once you have watched the Opening Statement you may enter the court session by clicking on the link. Only one court session will appear in the red box and is the session for the day.
- You are REQUIRED TO DISCUSS YOUR CASE WITH THE PROSECUTOR PRIOR TO THE SCHEDULED COURT DATE (732-363-0666 Ext. 280) ask for Point Pleasant Borough Prosecutor Brian McAlindin.
What to do after your court appearance:
The Judge will discuss with you your payment options. If you were given fines in the Municipal Court and would like to pay online go to WWW.NJMCDirect.Com. The court will set you up on a Time Payment Order and we will forward that Order to you.
Per AOC rules, audio and video recording of the proceedings are strictly prohibited. If you would like a copy of the proceeding, you can fill out a judiciary request form which can be found at New Jersey Courts on line.
There are multiple ways of joining a virtual court session, each with different requirements:
- PC/Mac Laptop or desktop – will require a browser which will run Zoom Meeting as needed. A Microphone and video camera are required.
- Smart Phone – install the Zoom Cloud Meetings app and allow access to your camera and microphone.
- Call in – You can dial into the proceeding and appear by phone. Dialing *9 during the conference call will raise your hand if you are called for attendance.
Keys to a successful Zoom virtual Court Appearance:
- Set up in a closed room with no noise or other people.
- Connect to the meeting using your real first and last name on the display so the court staff know you are ready with your case.
- Be sure to allow any connections to audio or video by “Zoom”
- If you are not successful with video call the phone number listed with the link (red box) to be able to have a audio hearing.
- If you show up 30 minutes early someone will be available to test prior to you appearance.
Zoom Meeting Link
Meeting ID: 935 2012 3416
Dial-In: +1 646 558 8656
Judge: James Liguori, PJMC
Court Administrator: Robert Michalkowski, CMCA
Tickets and Criminal Complaint TPAY’s as of 5/11/2020 can be paid here.
Payments may be placed in drop box in foyer of police department mark water-tax-sewer-municipal court. Payments must be placed in envelope marked municipal court.
Window hours are 9am to 3:30pm expect on the first Monday of the month
You can reach the court staff @ 732-899-1636
- Magistrate: James A Liguori, PJMC
- Prosecutor: Brian McAlinden, Esq.
- Public Defender: Alexandera Nieves-Martinez