Snow removal instructions for residents
1. MAKE EVERY ATTEMPT TO PARK OFF THE ROAD….this will allow for full width plowing and provide for curbline parking after the event
2. SHOVEL YOUR DRIVE WAY TO THE LEFT…. facing your home at the road edge, throw snow to the left….when / if plows return to widen, there will be less snow to be plowed back into your driveway
3. BE PATIENT!! WAIT FOR US TO FINISH….many people dig out prior to crews widening out streets only to be plowed back in and aggravated
4. STAY IN!!!….if you can…stay off the roads to permit ease of plowing operations and a less dangerous atmosphere for all….
5. INSTRUCT CHILDREN TO AVOID PLOWS…..workers are concentrating on their jobs
6. DO NOT PARK ON POSTED SNOW ROUTES WHEN THE ROAD ARE SNOW COVERED. YOU RISK FINE AND TOWING.
7. WAIT TO PUT OUT YOUR TRASH OR RECYCLING UNTIL PLOWING IS COMPLETED. We don’t wish to cover these items with snow, and avoiding them in the road causes that area to be unplowed.
Under normal snow operations after about 4 inches of snow is down and it is actively snowing, our crews will only open the road centers to provide for emergency services and will return to widen after the entire route is center opened. When snow is ending or over our crews will widen during the first time around their routes. Dig out your cars and driveway ends only after we have widened from curb to curb, or you risk being replowed. A normal snow plow operation requires about 7 hours of plowing to complete Point Pleasant once.